Sunday, June 7, 2009

Like the Afrocentric Asian...half supporter/half protector

Diamonds are blindin, I never make the same mistakes
Movin with a change of pace, lighter load, see now the etymology is straight
.

I got plain old nouns and verbs in my arsenal, plus place names, and now my proper noun etymology game is getting increasingly tight.
Today's word: NASIR!




Nasir
: Arabic (nofuckingway), "the protector; one who helps render victorious, provide support, supporter,"

from
nasara, "to render victorious, to assist, to grant victory."






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to congratulate you for a well writen blog. It's not every day you find a site were you can read about Artifacts and Mos Def, aswell as Paul Auster quotes. First and foremost, i like the way you hate Asher Roth. I Sweden, where i live, he´s understood as a hiphop phenomenon, and honestly, it makes me kind of sick. But anyways, cudos!