Saturday, June 6, 2009

Legendary humans in the hip-hop world doing things that I do not care for, 06/06/09

Panic on the streets of London/panic on the streets of K-town!
I wonnder to mysellllf...


We do not care for the following here in apt. 302.
I looked up "terrible" in the dictionary and I believe the news items below fit the criteria.


1. WhattheHALE is THIS.

"Rapper Snoop Dogg has produced a new Johnny Cash remix album, which will be released later this month. The album, 'Johnny Cash Remixed', features new interpretations of some of the late singer's biggest by acts including Alabama 3 and Buck 65. Among the notable tracks is an 'I Walk The Line' remix featuring Snoop Dogg. The rapper acted as executive producer on the project alongside Cash's brother John Carter Cash and Mathew Knowles (???)."

"Please stop, Calvin Broadus."


Pete Rock breaks my heart into a bunch of tiny pieces.
There's that show "Intervention" on A&E, you know? Well, they need one for producers who have started to stray down the wrong path.
(hosted by me, of course)





2.
And THIS, a little thing I like to call "Rae Makes Me Cry Because I Am Literally Bored To Tears By His New Boring New Track."


"Olympus," produced by Tru Master, on OB4CL2 in August.

Fake Chinese strings. Boring/dumb.






3. And THIS. Mos Def + Slick Rick + Madlib, WHAT. Yaaaayyy.
Except, oh wait, it's not really them. It's imposters. Make um say disappointment.

It would've been great if those 3 could've all joined forces, but the resulting boring song with a hook that goes


"What it is/you know, they know

what it is/we know, yall know

what it is

ecstatic, there it is."


was obviously made by scientists in a cruel experiment to see if I could, in fact, be disappointed to death.




Listen to this instead, please.




No comments: