Sunday, June 7, 2009

Electric word, life/it means forever and that's a mighty long time

We all love our sexualitaay and we all love music.

Ergo, we need to do something to appropriately honor the fact that today is the date of birth of a tiny, tiny man filled with sex and basslines and the holy spirit. 06/07/58.
This is, in fact, a CELEBRATION, bitches.


"My copyright protection game is super tight...so very tight that mp3s are impossible to stream from apt. 302 and into the hearts and minds of HeightFiveSeven's readers."
Not cute.


That darlin darlinnnn in "Another Lonely Christmas."
Basically the whole Batman soundtrack.
"Dorothy Parker" from start to finish. That Joni Mitchell reference surprised and pleased me the first time I heard it. Next levels.
"Pop Life," "Starfish and Coffee," "Hot Thing," obviously.
"Alphabet Street" obviously too, but then later the freshness/irreverent-ness of Arrested Development using that "Tennessee" part!
The complete omission of a bassline in "When Doves Cry."
And the first, bootleg, original original version of "Crystal Ball" with the all for fun/fun for all part that was etched onto a bracelet and given to me and that I wore on my dainty wrist for most of high school.


GODDAMMIT* PRINCE. I know it's inappropriate to feel this way about a person I've never met outside of my headphones at home and the Kenwood in the car, but you're the BAWSS--the wee, tiny MPLS bawss. I'm sure I'm one of about ninety thousand tall and skinny long-haired girlie types with pale skin to tell you so, but I love you dearly and thank you for teaching me about sexytimes. You'd love my paisley-patterned bikini, I just know it.

Plus...
my home, it's so exciting...

I got a brass waterbed.




* Sorry--you're still a Jehovah's Witness, right?



2 comments:

will.Z. said...

Prince looks very Richard Ramirez-ish in that pic.. Chappelle's skit on him was so epic. "Game, blouses."

Anonymous said...

to pieces....