Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hell naw ho, you know they Polo! (Trick Daddy doesn't rock Bugle Boy)

Happy Father's Day!



Extra-special shouts to Shawn Kemp,
Father MC and Grand Daddy I.U.



Trick's my diamond-jurrry-dipped boyfriend who takes me to pleasure town with his musical creations, especially the ones with tubas and Volvo references and him bossing me around. He cares nothing for word etymology or when Lamont Dozier's birthday is but we are in luuuuv regardless. Doubt this fact and I'll have to send some Uh huh, okay, what's up, shut uuup your way, tough guy.

Today's also the first day of summer so just relax and let me lace you with the perfect song for the occasion. Press play, then take my hand and follow me into the light!*

*
the light = Dade County hip-hop, circa 2000.






No comments: