Monday, June 8, 2009

Animal Collective - "Daily Routine" (PHASEONE remix); or, "I am making love to the cities of Baltimore and St. Louis, respectively, cuz of this jam."

"We went to The Lou and commissioned this just for Logan since she did not find that Dam-Funk one to be the hotness."





mp3.

Some dude named PHASEONE just surpassed Nelly in my Favorite Humans from St. Louis power rankings.

I do not know how I've lived this long without having had that "yeeuh" between 00:01:00 and 00:01:01 in my life. Sweet Jesus.
I need this in my headphones and in my general area for the months of June through August, thanks so very much.
Hi there, summer in the city! You were missed.







2 comments:

danps said...

You will one day hate yourself for every nice thing you write about Animal Collective.

As you were.

Sebastian said...

Holy.. God.

Very nice, but honestly that little 'yeeuh' totally ruined it for me. Maybe if they had built something on it, or at least had some other reference to it, I could have appreciated it, but as it is that tiny interjection kills that mix. It sounds like whoever was recording it accidentally turned on the radio for a second but was too lazy to go back and fix it. Other than that snippet I thoroughly enjoyed it.

danps, why the hatred for Animal Collective? Some of their music is a little bizarre, certainly, but have you ever heard Bluish? That song is one of the most heart-breakingly romantic songs ever written: a definite must-listen.