Thursday, June 25, 2009

Harold Melvin (06/25/39) & Sean Carter.

We've all been shopping at Macy's so we're all familiar with the nonthreatening adult contemporary music coming out of the speakers--like Simply Red's version of "If You Don't Know Me By Now," which is kinda fresh but also not so fresh when you compare it to the original Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes version.

In other news, you put this here song on the platter in the living room and tell me nerdy girls are beautiful, and I'll forgive all of your transgressions. I'm easy.

(Oh, and Teddy Pendergrass was in the Blue Notes. Look at that--it's only 10:30 and I have already reached my music history/nerdery quota for the day.)



I know, I didn't think a dude named Harold Melvin could be so cool, either. Today's his birthday, and as we all know, the birthday of an old soul singer provides an excellent way for me to post something from Kanye's pre-Autotune, 2000-2005 body of work--"This Can't Be Life," which has Scarface on it but he's actin real un-Scarface-like in his lyrical content and delivery and it's disappointing. The beat is all I need to get by, though. Hand over that instrumental, please, Yeezy. Gimme a copy when we meet up and exchange air kisses at Jeremy Scott's next show. Thx.




No comments: