Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Do - "At Last"

Hips & bikinis & cocoa butter, and yet sometimes I overdo it with the boy-ness on the web log, I realize this. Bukowski, Red Stripe, instros almost every day, breaks, label politics, verses/guest appearances/mixtapes, Johan Santana, KRS quotes in conversation, and it don't stop. But always, just about the time I'm getting sick of my tomboyishness, music steps in.

I can be pretty satisfied sitting on the couch watching my beloved Raiders while clutching my beloved "End to End Burners" on vinyl (love you, boo), but hold the phone.


Enter Dan & Olivia, aka The Do, who happen to be the 2 most adorable Franco-Finnish humans I have ever encountered. The girl can pull off the Jenny Lewis, white-girl-bangs that just don't work on girls with wavy Irish hair. The ache in her voice is so sweet, crooning.

Let's go for a walk in the park, hold hands, and stop to kiss under a shady tree. I'll wear my new yellow sundress. Life is wonderful, esp around that 2:15 mark. Ohhh yes I bro down a lot, but I keep a clean house, I don't really cuss, I don girly underthings, I like it when you teach me new things and put me up on new business, and I bring you soup when you're sick.





At last! I found what I was dreaming of
So bad, I want to tell the whole world
But I won't say no more
Won't make it harder on you girls
At last! The love that I was dreaming of is mine
Been walking on air for the last 92 hours
But I won't make it harder on you girls

At last! I found what I was dreaming of
Someone who truly understands me
A man I can trust, trust with my dust oh
At last ! It's more that I could ever expect
I can't believe it's real
Now my life has a goal: a good happy home

Oh girls I found what you're still craving for
If you accept a piece of my advice
It's nothing but luck, and I happened to be struck

Gave up my heart and my soul and my pride
And my job and my creeds and the ones that I love
Gave up my all to a man I just met
But there's no time to waste cos it's almost too late.



1 comment:

Sebastian said...

I remember the first time I heard the first track on that album, "playground hustle". I was very confused as to what I was listening to until the end when that mind-blowing bass pounded in and everything came together. Love it.