Monday, April 6, 2009

Premier & MC Eiht, possibly maybe at some point

Premier (I was gonna type "Preem," but I just can't pull it off)
working with A-Wax??

"Among the four artists on DJ Premier’s new label, Year Round Records, is Blaq Poet former member of pioneering Queens Hip Hop group Screwball. (??)

A tracklist posted on fansite djpremierblog.blogspot.com has reported that Easy Mo Bee and one other producer actually make contributions to Poet's solo debut, distributed through Fat Beats.

Aside from the artists already on his label, DJ Premier’s Year Round Records may also feature albums by KRS-One and MC Eiht.

I’m thinking about doing a project with MC Eiht [of] Compton’s Most Wanted, DJ Premier explained to Conspiracy Radio. “We talked about doing an album on my label, and also me and KRS-One talked about doing not Return Of The Boom Bap; we’re gonna do Return Of The Boom Bips. So right now that’s still a go. An all KRS, Premier album would be great."
- Link

We all like Premier and we all like MC Eiht, but do we like them together? (I realize it might be a pointless discussion topic, since "I'm thinking about doing a project with ____" leaves a lot of room for backing out.) Let me know when we've reached a consensus.


No comments: