Monday, April 20, 2009

4 things that kill it, 04/20/09. And 1 thing that does not.


1.
MAYER HAWTHORNE and the way he makes me so happy I am a girl. I know I already done posted it, but the non-tagged version of "Maybe So, Maybe No" has entered my world!
It's 90 degrees out and I got my favorite blue onesie on. Let's put this on the hi-fi and all drink iced tea and lounge around looking longingly at each other, boys and girls. Swoon.





ST link - Thank you for letting us all share in it, Mr. Manak!


2.
Weezay on The View. Hasselbeck's gonna be clutching her purse the whole time.

"Why you drive so fast? because I’m chasin’ the dream
and when I catch that motherfucker I'ma rape it and leave
."



3. The instrumental of the loveliness below, which I do not currently own but a little birdie told me you're gonna get it for me cuz I been so good lately. Aww, you spoil me!

I need the first 20 seconds of this to be looped and played for me every time I walk into some new place or venue, like my own personal theme music. Honestly, I think I could do it justice. I don't kick rhymes but I could walk with a switch and talk with street slang, pretend I'm in a Hype Williams video, the whole deal.*







* Negative--just tryna convince myself


4. Thought I wouldn't recognize a 4:20 post when I see one? Nice try, science nerds!



Not killing it:
Ash Roth & Rick the Ruler trading verses, I'm sorry to report. If you think I'm gonna post a link to this atrocity then you're just not paying attention to me and my likes and dislikes. Just trust that I have seen and heard proof of this and I do not endorse it.


3 comments:

danps said...

I was just listening to "When I Said Goodbye" this morning. Had it been released this year it would be a candidate for the Best Of list - great song. Have you heard it?

Logan said...

I have now, Daniel! Thank you so much. HELLOOO CLEVELAND.

danps said...

Good. Now get on to your next assignment. Yes I will badger you about this, not just because it's fantastic. Based on your blogging I think it's safe to say you will be particularly charmed by it. You will track him down and propose to him. You will say "Dent honey, I am the beautiful blonde in 'Meet Me In The Garden', I am the one to cry on your arm in 'Girls On The Square.' Oh darling make me the happiest girl in the world and say you'll marry me!"

Isn't 9.99 a small price to pay for a lifetime of happiness?