Monday, April 6, 2009

"Legalize marijuana and take all that money and invest it in teachers and in education"


"You will see a transformation in America." - Carlos Santana, in Vegas promoting his residency at the Hard Rock.

Once again, a random news item has set my thought process in motion and I now have decided to sorta make this a Random Tribute: Carlos Santana post.

I wish we all could've been there to see Carlos at Woodstock in real time, with his screw face cuz of his BFF lysergic acid diethylamide, 22 years old, so foxy & curly-haired & sleeveless & talented, ay papi. He had NO record deal when he played that show; this is why, as much as I've agreed over the years with A-Plus when he asks, "If you're really dope why ain't you signed yet?", I know this is not a hard-and-fast rule by which we measure musical talent.

On the wonders of dropping L just before going onstage:

"
My guitar is like - like (an) electric snake. So that's why you see my face, you know, like making all these ugly faces, like, 'Stand still,' you know."




Here we have a group of cosmic musician humans who have been to the other side and have returned in order to share the message below with us. Please watch, but don't bother unless you can commit to the whole thing!
05:10.
08:40.
Never, ever seen anything like it, ever.



No comments: