Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ali.

(Malcolm playing photog.)

I do not care for pugilism, but I do care for leftist political leanings, confident manhood, antiwar activism, using insulting wordplay to take down one's opponent, skill, form, technique, etc.
When my brother was little, our dad took him to a Raider game at the Coliseum and Ali was there on the sidelines. He walked over to Ali, told him he'd always been one of his heroes, and had his son shake his hand. I was not present for this event. I have not shaken Ali's hand. That is I something I continue to have intense, fiery envy about to this very day.


OhanddidImention:


Having a dude taunt you repeatedly in the media before your big match doesn't mean you get a pass to be an awful human being.
Joe Frazier, I'm looking in your direction.




No comments: