Friday, April 24, 2009

RZA speaks on Premier's evolving production techniques

"I remember when Premier first heard ("Clan in Da Front")...he was in shock. He started chopping more. He was good for a good loop and a good scratch on top of the loop.


Then it was a-boom, ching, jigga-jong. He never did that before."



I have a difficult time moving beyond the year 1993, musically speaking.

Moving beyond the Wu, also a problem for me.


























The Rizz understands that there's only so much that the English language will give when it comes to describing the details of a sonic landscape. But still--every damn time he talks about knob twistin' and loop choppin' I swear if it isn't the most perfectly described thing I ever heard. You should scroll back up and read his quote again, you really should.




- Link


No comments: