Monday, April 27, 2009

Plugs - "All Them Witches"

Heavens to synthesizers, my new Brit boyfriends have arrived!



Please allow me to introduce PLUGS (I think it's all caps-?). I know little about them other than:

1. BLIMEY they've made my new favorite song,
2. Their frontman is Morgan from Does It Offend You, Yeah?,
3. They're cute and probably wear trainers, and
4. They fancy an exclamation point or ten, much like your favorite nerdy bikini-clad blogger. (The headline on their MySpace page: "!!!!!!!!!!")

On their page they have a cute little story about a recent guest DJ gig they had where they dropped this song on the British massive, and their excitement is so charming...plus, I can endorse a group of musical lads who reference Bourriaud and call themselves altamodern without making me cringe. They posted their setlist, too--Minute Men, Zappa, Yes, Aphex Twin; I approve! Nice to meet you, PLUGS! Welcome to the enchanted land of being Logan's New Musical Boyfriends. Wonderful adventures await you.

"HEY I GUESS BOURRIAUD WAS RIGHT AFTER ALL. MODERNITY IS ALL ABOUT CULTURAL NOMADISM, ISLANDS AND ARCHIPELEGOS!!!!!! WE'RE ALTERMODERN!!!!!!!!!"




Plugs - All Them Witches from Seb Lloyd on Vimeo.

No comments: