Sunday, April 26, 2009

Oscar Wilde.


Open to interpretation,

but let's just say I've been thinking a lot lately

about things like womanhood and integrity
and where the two meet
re:
acquiring potential (male) musician subjects
for a Wax Poetics piece. (this is one of my goals in life)

Dinner with these dudes, coffee, flirtations...I have yet to partake, although it's encouraged by most people in my life who seem to think I have something close to the winning cards and want me to get a music-writing gig. They know it's important to me. Non-partaking at the expense of integrity might mean I don't get the gig. That's OK with me now and I'm hoping it'll be OK with me 10 years down the road, even if I still don't have a byline in WaxPo.

Sorry to be all dramatical--
I think I'm good, the moment has passed. Back to nerdy bikini-clad tomboyishness and assorted other content.

I love the quote, though.




3 comments:

rafi said...

putting the gritty in journalistic integrity

danps said...

It seems like Wilde nearly invented the concept of "wit". Perfected it too.

Nice waist, dear. Features above and below it tend to take men's focus elsewhere on the female body, but a good one is a magical thing.

Logan said...

Thank you, Daniel! I'm gonna do that LeBron chalk thingie in my bathing suit one of these days. (See, ya do it in your swimsuit so it doesn't get all over your clothes.)
How very cavalier of me, don't you think?