Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked...

James Franco has been cast as groundbreaking beatnik poet Allen Ginsberg in the biopic Howl.

I already do not care for this feature film, yet another casualty of the giant culture-raping machine known as the studio industry (can't knock the hustle, but that doesn't mean I need to support the hustle with my cash), HOWEVER--

this provides a reason for me to ask why the f has nobody cast James Franco to play Jeff Buckley? Do it, Harvey Weinstein! Watch my estrogen levels soar to new heights! (Please save yourselves cyber-energy, you guys, if you're planning on sending me some hater-ish messages about this being a travesty. I was an English major, I love Ginsberg, I've shaken his hand, I love the Beats, I love "Grace" like anybody with their music game extra proper. I truly don't want to see any Ginsberg OR Buckley on the big screen--but sometimes my womanhood and crush on Franco gets the better of me, please understand. I usually don't find pretty dudes like him foxy, but what can you do.)

Obvs it would not be the lovely sexy cinematic explosion of, say,
3 Stacks playing Jimi (which might be for the best, since I doubt I could handle my throbs sitting there surrounded by people at ArcLight). But still.


OMG, Twinsies!


1 comment:

Nihilist Loves Hate, Hates Everything said...

Back in the late 90s I was convinced that Ethan Hawke would be the perfect dude to play Buckley but since that never happened--and now Hawke is older and got douchier--i am with you 127% that Franco Buckley needs to happen. A lot more necessary than, as you point out, Howl, for example.