Sunday, April 5, 2009

Project Mayhem - "Lo Sweatas" video

Obvs we all heard the loop of Rae's voice on this one cuz of the title, even before hearing the song. Also, Project Mayhem is kind of a silly name. However, I'm assigning points for the following:

-Front-end chandeliers. Giant chess pieces. (Phil Lee, you directed this and I wanted to link to your page or something but I can't find anything about you on the Internets. Also, is your name real or a pun?)

-HORNS, esp starting around the 01:06 mark. Listen, I never promised you guys any good lyrical content with this one, but the track itself is next-NEXT-levels ear candy! Tony Baines, your production wizardry means you are my future husband. Nice to meet you. Now please hand over the instrumental, thankyoukindly.

-"With all disrespect..." This is so simple and genius! I like! How come nobody ever started their verse with this before?


Project Mayhem "Lo Sweatas" Music Video on Vimeo.

2 comments:

rafi said...

The Chandeliers are beautiful. That ride is like a recession-era music video yacht.

Logan said...

Tee hee...love yer description, it's perfect! Let's ride in it just after our nuptial ceremony is concluded, on our way to the reception at Lyor Cohen's...or some other high-powered industry Caucasian, I'm not sure yet.