Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ernie Barnes...

...was a guard for the Broncos (ugh) in the '60s, and then became a professional artist once his football career ended. He died on Monday and this is simply a humble tribute to a man who did some great work.

Wonderful, you guys are saying, but what's the connection to bikini-clad nerdery and unnatural affection for music that I come to this blog daily to read about?

He painted "Sugar Shack."

Respect is due--we all recognize it from "Good Times," of course, BUT

it's also the cover of Marvin Gaye's I Want You, the album you really, really ought to have in your collection if getting a pretty female Earthling undressed and sweaty and then cuddling with her and having her say sweet things to you and making you pancakes is something you'd like to accomplish. I'm just sayin....I heard that this might work. From a friend of mine. Who looks a lot like me.

Anyway, just heed my words; have I ever led you astray?


00:11 - 00:18, the loveliest way anyone's ever expressed carnal longing without using actual words. Oh Marvinnnn.




It's too bad, it's just too sad
you don't want me now
but I'm gonna change your mind
someway, somehow
sweet baby...


No comments: