Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Stevie, simply due to the fact that I am obsessed.

John Lennon was a coke monkey. Please see below, just after I force my Stevie obsession on you for the ninety-six-thousandth time.
Jackson 5 sing along again, say doo doo wop!






SIGH. Sigh sigh sigh.



Yay for summer in El Lay, even though January is swimsuit weather too. Stevie's right--it
is Hotter Than July.

I felt a reallll strong fiery-hot burning desire to post "You Haven't Done Nothin" this morning.
This lovely piece of sonic wonderment (pun, tee hee) is not obscure or hard to find,
but c'monnnn--

What magic have
you worked with a clavinet lately? That's what I THOUGHT.





mp3.


We are amazed but not amused
By all the things you say that you'll do
Though much concerned but not involved
With decisions that are made by you...



That "real liiiiife" moment just after the 2-minute mark, oh my goodness, vocal styling overload. I hear that this was a big "Please See Yourself Out" to Prez Nixon (he did not do such a bang-up job as Prez, apparently-?), plus the Jackson 5 did the background vocals!

Oh my darling sweet Music of 1974, I love you and I want you and I want you to want me. Hey, in 20 years if neither of us crazy kids are married, what do you say you and I meet up at the altar?



PS - Lennon x Wonder in the studio, plus coke, circa '74. YES please.

The Daily News:

"In his forthcoming book, 'Paul McCartney: A Life,' Peter Ames Carlin reports that Paul so missed working with John Lennon that, in spring 1974, he made a surprise midnight visit to the Burbank studio where a coke-fueled Lennon was recording.

'Someone give me an E,' said John, tuning his guitar. 'Or a snort.'

Having recruited Stevie Wonder to play electric piano, Lennon and McCartney jammed till the wee hours. The session went so well that Lennon invited McCartney and wife Linda to join him and then-girlfriend May Pang at his rented Malibu pad. Pang tells Carlin she later heard Lennon talk about getting 'the guys back together' for a fall concert."

Then Yoko stepped in and it all went awry. The end.










No comments: