Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I gets banned if I do, gets banned if I don't


Sometimes they're like, "Whutcha want, Logan?"

And I reply,
"For it to always be 1993, or 94, or 95, in my headphones,
or 1963 or 1967 in my headphones,
a puppy,
ice cream,
a dude who worships me when appropriate and bosses me around when appropriate,
a Missoni bikini,
and my name up in lights, N-I-N-E."

1994 meant Jeeps, flannel button-ups with vests, & a touch of gravel in the voice.
A LOT of gravel in the voice.




I'm running out of ways to try to convey to you the superiority of the '90s as a musical decade, even though it's not like you guys need convincing. We're all on the same page here.
Nine be like Elmer J. Fudd with the mansion and the yacht, c'mon, Cam'ron never thought of hot fiyah like that. Also, that "save your confessions for JEE-sus" line murdered everything and left nothing in its wake. I was a baby hip-hop fan when this song came out (aww!) but a young girl never forgets the effect of Bronx hot 16s on her ears.


And just for fun, here's my impression of Obnoxious '90s Kid Dismissing Everything The Kids These Days Are Listening To (this role is usually played by a dude; ladies can do it too, though):

There's just not enough bouncy drums and call-and-response choruses on the FM dial these days, kids,
I tell you what.



That break, with the strings & bassline! I love it and can't get enough of it, so add it to my summer soundtrack, post haste.

Staple Singers - "Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay."



mp3.

No comments: