Monday, August 3, 2009

Got blue and black cause I likes to chill/And yellow and green when it's time to get ill


Shoe brands get tough on leather suppliers to save Amazon rainforest:

Crackdown against 'environmental criminals' follows Greenpeace report



The companies that make the shoes of all our favorite mic-wielders--Clarks, Adidas, Nike, Timberland--care about the environment, gang. In news that is no doubt throwing the hypebeast world into a tailspin, it turns out that the leather used to make Timbos and Dunks and Wallys has, oopsy, often come from cattle from farms that have been created as a result of illegal deforestation in the Amazon rainforest. And now, because of the results of a three-year undercover investigation by Greenpeace, the shoe company heads are "demanding an immediate moratorium on destruction of the Amazon rainforest from their leather suppliers in Brazil," but nothing so drastic that it interrupts the next midnight drop at Supreme, I presume. I heard Ghostface wants a pair of bright phat yellow Air Max/Hit the racks, stack 'em up Son, $20 off no tax, but only if they were made from leather that doesn't have ties to environmental tragedy.




Got the Timbos on the toes, and this is how it goes/Unnnhhh, onetwoohmygod!, said Q-Tip this one time in '94, so I guess I could post that as musical accompaniment for this story.

I was tryna stay away from the obvious "My Adidas,"*

and the Internets did not provide a good copy of The Grouch's "Clean Nikes,"

and no way am I gonna post that Nelly song where he makes verbal love to his AF1s,


and U-N-I has
"Kream," but ummm NO. Have we just met? Why would I post some Undftd derivative Wu biting tight-pantsedness fakery (even though they are nice dudes, I'll admit) when I could post the OG? I mean, really. HIT IT, RAE:

"Sneakers"



mp3.



This one's not so much about shoes...more about whuppin ass, 5th Ward style.

But still; the shoes play an integral role in the narrative below.









*




















We make a mean team, my Adidas n' me.



.
.

.

1 comment:

Ominous Red said...

This is by far.... the best blog I have ever come across. And I don't even remember how I got here.

Great job.

And

MORE PLEASE!