Sunday, August 23, 2009

Rae & Amy & Cass & Bekay.

Bob & Rae tryin to see things like Slick Rick would.


1.
Rae! & Ghost! & Dilla! (again). OMG, did you hear there's gonna be a SEQUEL to Cuban Links?


"10 Bricks."

mp3.






2.
Amy W. and me are like the same girl, and I don't just mean the abundance of raw talent coupled with self-destructive tendencies, or how we both fancy The Ruler and it's pure fuckery when we miss one of his gigs. Or how Donny Hathaway holds god-like status for us both. It's how below she pleads with the lethargic crowd to get the fuck up and put their hands together because
It's the Specials!, goddammit!, and that's something I would be saying to the crowd too, only I'd be doing it in my head. (Their version of "Ghost Town" is better, from the same show, but it lacks the crucial Amy yelling at the crowd moment)

I don't know why I like this so much - other than the fact that I am in sweet, powerful love with Neville Staple. I do enjoy: Amy talking at the beginning in her lovely and exotic accent I call "Nicholas Nickleby," since I have a boring Caucasoid female accent known as "The Hills"; the shots of her on stage in those little ballet slippers she always wears; plus I can't believe she's still beehiving it and I have to commend her. Seems like a lot of work.







3.
This pretty thing by Cass McCombs escaped me somehow even though it's a couple months old. Sorry I'm so dumb sometimes, you guys.
I should stop taking so many pictures of myself in dresses and focus more on prowling the Internets for new headphone goodness.

This song is lovely, and it sounds like what's on the stereo during our drive to Coachella. It's hour #3 and I'm looking out the window at all the windmills. (You're driving)



All the troubles in my past
That’s just what they are.
And all the delusions that took host and passed
Have only made my immunity strong.

I’ve been blessed.
Your eyes are two moons.
I hope this voyage will not be ending very soon.
Just crying in orbit with these mirrors of perfection.
To die in the arms of your affection.

What land is this?
May I never wake.



Cass McCombs - "Dreams Come True Girl"

mp3.





4. Babu's from Oxnard and he produced this.
I'm from like 10 minutes from Oxnard and I need this.
Let me walk you through what'll happen next.


Bekay feat. Masta Ace - "Brooklyn Bridge"


mp3.


Stay tuned for when I happily announce on here that I have successfully navigated my way through the Internets and into Babs' inbox and he has offered the instro to me because I am just a sweet, harmless girl from his hometown with a fetish for pretty piano sounds. Yaayyyy for me.


Just between you and me, Bekay is kind of corny.
He insists on reporting on topics that have already been reported on (white girls with fat asses, the Wonder Wheel, Giants throwbacks). Corny.

Also, I have decided that Masta Ace will
never not rule.
Let me know if you have any questions or are confused about this.




.
.
.
.

1 comment:

danps said...

I'd just like to take a moment to offer a hearty "fuck you" to artists who create hoax mythologies (cf.) If you can't get people to listen to your music on its merits don't try to entice them with an elaborate lie.