Wednesday, August 5, 2009

MCA, 08/05/65!

'cause you know Y...A-U-C-H
taking all MC's out in the place!



As far as I know, the only Buddhist who's a braggart about having money, juice, and twin sisters in his bed,
got rhymes that are rough and rhymes that are slick, got more rhymes than Phyllis Diller and got rhymes like Abe Vigoda,
what's runnin through his mind comes through in his walk,
steps inside the motherfucker and he gets his flow on,
can magically make
“and this is me, y'all, I MC, y'all/My name is MCA and I still do what I please”
rhyme somehow (??),


and

dope enough to be the only one sans hat in this pic. BROOKLYNNNNN.



What can I say? Really...
I'm just another lady blogger with an unnatural affection for Judeo-Brooklyn mic-brandishing types who had the good sense to be produced by Rubin and the Dust Brothers. And they, in turn, love overripe fresh skeezed California females/with 3-inch cherry red press-on Lee nails, so uh, we're kinda meant to be, MCA and I.
Adrock is the one with the key to my heart, because I'm kinda corny and predictable, but Yauch's the one with whom I'd discuss escaping the cycle of suffering and rebirth...oh, and the Knicks' backcourt, of course. Dude loves his Knicks. In sum, he's like the stable older brother whom my mom would prefer I go out with.
Sorry, Mom.


That raspy voice was always pretty dope, his flow on "A Year and a Day" was always pretty dope, he produced Bad Brains, he was able to make an impression in a troupe with another dude named Adam in it, "Boyz N the Hood" woulda been SO WACK without him, plus he plays bass in all the Boys' instros--
'Cause Yauch's on the upright, the shit just ain't funny
got fat bass lines like Russell Simmons steals money


Exhibit A, an OG "Let's try to get Logan to take her pants off" jammy that is nothing, NOTHING, without Yauch's 4 strings:






PS:

"Professor Booty"


mp3.
But like a pencil to a paper I got more to come
One after another you can all get some




Jimmy Smith - "I'm Gonna Love You Just a Little More Babe."
(Attn, people of Earth: I was meant to be alive, and of fornicating age, in 1974.)



mp3.




. .


.

1 comment:

danps said...

I've made my feelings on Paul's Boutique clear, so let me just say that Check Your Head is yang to Paul's yin. CYH is vastly underrated, and the run of songs from "Pass the Mic" to "Something's Got To Give" is as fine a stretch of music as the 90's produced.

P.S. I'll grab ahold of your attention like a thief in the park.