Monday, September 28, 2009

Thing #5,009 that Jim Jones could say and sound like an idiot but that Meth can pull off because he is Meth

When I see photos like this I really should just walk away.
WALK AWAY, LOGAN.



Breaks-obsessing on Monday afternoon in apt. 302 while I await health care reform...

t
oday it's Rae and his Cuban Links, This Time It's Personal record. I remember an Internet flurry when “New Wu” uhmm leaked (I see you, EMI and subsidiaries, and I was not, in fact, born yesterday); I also remember this flurry was justified because of Meth on the hook (yay) plus Rae brought Ghosty along (yayyy) to remind us all that the Holy Trinity of Wu-ery is still reckonwithable. Lyrically, Ghost refers to himself as Urlacher, beasting at the top of the pile, and it is grand; Meth refers to himself as a “good dude” and guess what, that's grand too. Plus it has this incredible Magictones break* that for some reason I do not have in my collection (???); therefore, attention please, I shall henceforth be on the hunt for it at all future record swap meets. Gimme.


I decided that Meth's verse could pass as a Jim Jones verse, except Jimmy would probably say hard rock to rhyme with hard rock because he is not a good MC and I hate him.


This is hard body, hard knocks, if you pushing that hard rock
Then let these n---as go off top

We rock fitted, drop kitted, I live it and not quit it

I pitch it, my pops sniffed it, mean business, I'm not finished.


I hate Jim with the heat of 17 white-hot suns; this is not news. The dude is a real drag, and in two-thousand-and-nine Anno Domini I should not still be seeing him on various hip-hop sites. Plus remember how he killed all those people in Guyana? HOW SOON WE FORGET, PEOPLE.



But in a fun and special twist,

guess what, if Mef says the exact same rhymed words he's somehow the Oscar Wilde of music (next to Doomsies, of course), transcendentally witty and quip-y! But how could this be? The words are exactly the same! OH the mysterious ways of the universe and the powers of the human male voice! PS, he's free of blame in mass revolutionary suicide cases involving Kool-Aid.


Good dude.


This is hard body, hard knocks, if you pushing that hard rock
Then let these n---as go off top
We rock fitted, drop kitted, I live it and not quit it
I pitch it, my pops sniffed it, mean business, I'm not finished.



SWOON. I would like you, Clifford, and your smoky voice and your grin to squire me about town, then help me take our relationship to the next level with some nice, uncomplicated carnality. Or just read the phone book to me while I roll your L's; would you like that? Hmm? You like that?





mp3.
You should buy the album. Don't be a bum.



*



.
.
.

No comments: