Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Let's go inside my astral plane.

Wolverines!


Patrick Swayze name-checked in hip-hop over the years, courtesy of The Guardian. I was probably drinking corporate coffee and working on Jumble in the Times, or maybe staring out the window at the abyss that is Los Angeles, while this was being thought up and composed. Goddamn Brits always stealing my ideas that I hadn't thought of yet.

Curiously, Jay-Z didn't appear to care for the term, despite the possibilities afforded by the rhyme with his own name. LOL, you wacky limeys.


“Reach for the pistol and you're crazy/ Try to blast and I'll be swinging that ass like Patrick Swayze.”
- Kool G Rap, The Symphony Part II, '91


“These other rappers actors like Patrick Swayze.”
- Young Jeezy,
And Then What,” '07


“We dropped the microphone, then we Swayze
- Tha Alkaholiks,
Can't Tell Me Shit,” '93


“Now I'm Swayze, ghost, the rap host”
- EPMD,
It's Going Down, '92


“That's why I bust back, it don't faze me/ When he drop, take his glock and I'm Swayze
- Biggie, “Runnin' (Dying To Live),” '94



“Out her fuckin' mind, now I got mine, I'm Swaaayze
-
Method Man, Bring The Pain,” '94


What's that? Why YES, I WILL post the Ninjaman break that's used so effectively in Mr. Blaze's big fat mid-90s banger. You don't have to ask me twice, my darling.

When I was a little stereo, I listened to some Champion.

Oh and when I was a baby hiphop girlnerd*, I listened to some Meth. Ugh, so corny! But who cares.


*1991 - present.


.
.
.

No comments: