Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The little guy from Genesis sums up my '09 relationship with Toney Starks.


Ghost is coming to my city on tour and all signs point to Ghost actually putting out that stupid R&B album that I thought was a joke (it's not a joke), and I don't care. It hurts to say it, but I don't care about his presence in Los Angeles for a night next month at the Key Club, and I'm not planning on getting stalker-y and making my way backstage for a hug. This is weird, since I swear it's 2001 and I should care. But the album is dumb and I simply can't be intimate with someone who I feel alienated from. Can't knock The Hustle, I suppose, but that doesn't mean I can't complain about The Hustle and wish The Hustle were more like The Hustle of 2001 when The Hustle meant Ghost putting out an album I liked. Hit it, Phil C.




Ghostface Killah Presents Ghostdini: The Wizard of Poetry in Emerald City
is R&B themed (NO), aimed at his female listeners (NO), and will have Ghost teaching you about man and woman relationship/sexy things with assistance from a slew of individuals I don't care about (Raheem DeVaughn, Kanye, Ne-Yo). Nope. Also, this. A world of NO.

I focus a lot on women (on this album),he said,I just threw my dart at women and other types of situations, too. (HipHopDX).

Yes of course, dear. I know you focus a lot on women. It's called “Wildflower” and it's about our relationship. Nobody needs a full 12-song album of dumb collabs revisiting the same man-woman issues, so please throw your dart in the opposite direction of the ladies and make sure it's extra poisonous, lyrically speaking. Focus on your boys liking the album; that's what guides the greatest musical creations. If Theodore Unit endorses it, that's how you know you've gone and made yourself a good record. The ladies will come around eventually. Bros before hoes is how 19 year old Caucasoid males put it. It's not just a saying. It's a way of life.



Everybody needs a hobby in between making 4- or 5-mic albums. I get it. Just make sure you come back, Ghosty. Go have your fun, but come back.






PS, THIS is what the ladies like aimed at them in terms of darts!
Makes me all Shakey in the best possible way.



.
.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hate Hate Hate Hatt Phil C.