Friday, March 27, 2009

There's something we need to talk about

Why don't the people who love and care about me drag me here so I can bro down and nerd out??
(and by this, I mean sip my Red Stripe & rap alongside Lord Finesse in my head & people-watch while dudes don't talk to me because they think I don't speak English*)



I guess I didn't know the ledge.


Everybody just lets me do what I wanna do (stay in, listen to records, lounge around) because I am so stubborn and charming but sometimes I need some guidance, please realize.


Next week, you better run a tighter ship and make sure I get my white-shirt-and-heels-and-jeans-clad-self (always, I'm always wearing this) to this tour de force.
Going out is the new staying in is the new going out.






* Too many times to count, I've been told this. I'm not imagining things.

"Where are you from?"
"Where's your mom from?"
"Where's you dad from?"
"Are you part Persian?"
"Brazil, right?"
"Greek & Irish?"
"De onde você é?"




No comments: