Saturday, March 21, 2009

OH and did I mention

more things that please me:

- Nirvana re-releases on vinyl

- The Check Your Head re-release on vinyl, plus that whole Hollywood Bowl thing




- Local Natives, who annoy me by saying they're from Silverlake on their site (dude, just say LA, please) but I feel affection for them since they're just like every other dude I see at TJ's on Hyperion.

"OMG, there's never ANY parking here." "Yeah man I know, but the one at 3rd & La Brea is even worse."

Their song "Airplanes" makes me so happy & sad at the same time. I'm kinda tomboyish, full of sarcasm and love of hiphop production and I make fun of those I like most, but good lord do I love a pretty melody and some heartfelt words. I read back on my posts sometimes, and I think, Goodness, I sound super cranky and not nice. But I don't know why my writing voice is like that, 'cuz I'm shy and a softie in real life, just ask anyone. : )

"The desk where you sit inside a frame
made of
made of
of wood."



Airplanes - Local Natives


The chorus, with the drums...kills me every time. Teary-eyed.

"I want you back, back, back
....you back."


Sigh.



No comments: