Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The great conflict of '09: XXL mag, April edition


Once again, I'm a little late with this one...but I still have not resolved the matter. To purchase this periodical, or no? Point/counterpoint:

- Feature on the making of ILLMATIC! (Nerd receptor overload)

Ummm, except that I already know pretty much the whole back story. Have we just met?

- Support XXL specifically, and hiphop publications generally

XXL is not a very good publication generally, nor a good hiphop publication specifically


- As far as I can tell, the issue is blissfully free of Asher Roth coverage! Also, gain insight into what 17 y/o white kids are discussing with their friends, downloading, wearing

Cam on the cover, a feature called "What the hell is emo rap?", use of the word "frenemies"; I am morally opposed to all



No comments: