Monday, March 16, 2009

"I liked LL and Shan with my Roxanne rhyme/It might sound wack but it was dope at the time"


Gettin ready for the break, your heart starts to race

You was hyped, cuz I could see it on your face



Mix Tapes - The Nonce

Early '90s reminiscing time yet again! Freshman year; I'm pretty sure Salih had a hand in exposing me to this. I don't know if this was just an LA song in '94 or if it was played all over... but I think cuz there's a lot of talk about the Good Life doc lately, I've been thinking about all those dudes. I mean, Acey is never not on my mind, but The Nonce, I believe, were part of that crew as well. I tried to post the video but was unsuccessful; I just wanted to remind you of the greatness that was Yusef Afloat (dude in the beanie; no longer with us). Picture it, a 15-year-old Logan, listening to this after AP English class. OK now stop it, pervs.


No comments: