Thursday, March 5, 2009

Charles Hamilton - "Way Cool"


"Never spit the same bar twice/never hit the same bar twice."


"White girls love me, I'm playin them off/only Clarissa be explainin it all."

I see Jim Jones' classic rhyme-a-word-with-the-same-word and basic dumb raps style has been boosted in this track right here. But CH gets away with it cuz he's so painfully ironic that it's a joke within a joke within an enigmatic riddle wrapped in a punchline and tied with a big bow on top. Being self-referential and extra-extra postmodern will win you points with this lady, gentlemen.

The "Clarissa Explains It All" THEME SONG, people. He flipped it & BOUNCED it. You guys, I'm hanging my head in shame. I don't want to like this but it's sugary sweet to my little girly ears. This track, it makes me feel warm in special places. Ours is a forbidden love.


No comments: