Monday, October 12, 2009

Kneesock music.


For every genre of music in apt. 302, there is a corresponding sartorial style for the listener. (this only applies to me, though; nobody cares what you wear and if you're in apt. 302 it's because I already like your overall presentation anyway so don't worry about it)


So. Seu Jorge is the red onesie and Augustus Pablo is the black bathing suit (um, any of the 4 currently in rotation), BDP of course is
the white bikini, and warm-feelings guitar-rock is cuddly sweaters and t-shirts and kneesocks. It's cold today, so very cold, so the plan is to find warmth in something knitted and woolen, drink tea, and reach for the latest & greatest in white-dudes-I-see-at-Trader-Joe's music - it signifies home and family and all good things, since I was often hugged by the most epic of scruffy-faced guitar-playing white men who always told me I'd knock 'em out the box. (He probably didn't mean in the blogging world, and he didn't say it like Slick Rick, but nonetheless sometimes I think he was sort of right. Thanks, Pop.)

Mom likes this one because my hair looks reddish. Mom does not care for blonde because Mom has better taste than me.



1. Drummer, “Feel Good Together.” I love the Black Keys (duh) and I love Drummer (still). They are players from Ohio but they are not the Ohio Players. Even so, fresh-faced Akron boys, your love is like a rollercoaster, baby baby/I wanna ride. See you over by the hummus!

The Black Key can be identified by the lack of collar on his shirt.






mp3.







2. The Dodos, “Fables.” Their names are Meric Long, Logan Kroeber, Keaton Snyder and they use the vibraphone and West African drumming in an extravaganza of Caucasoid global-culture-understanding wackiness. Points for Logan aside, their names are Meric, Logan, and Keaton. The fuck. Out. Of here. I like your band and I commend you for shielding your eyes against sun damage, but those names! You're a law firm, my dudes. PS, the French onion soup from the frozen section is delicious.



This one seems simple and trite at first, but give it time. Like our relationship, it gets better the deeper you go. (I mean, emotionally speaking. Stop that.)


mp3.






3. Shark?, “Colder Araballa.” Nah, not TJ's. This here is some Brooklyn lo-fi dude rock performed by a bunch of Brooklyn lo-fi dudes who I always see at the liquor store when they're running dangerously low on American Spirits.





mp3.


.
.
.
.
.

No comments: