Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It was the third of September.


“Papa Was a Rollin’ Stone” was released on this day in 1972.

It's approx. 36 minutes long. Oh sorry, the album version is almost 12 minutes; the single version is almost 7. But still. A single that's damn near 7 minutes long! I'm sad that we don't experience that these days. I miss '72 radio. Funk Flex wasn't always screaming all over everything. Sigh.

Dear basslines of planet earth and additional celestial bodies in this and other galaxies, I take you in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, to have and to hold from this day forward. Handclaps and wah-wah, you and I kinda got a love thing, too. You're like my mistress. Oh and hi Norman Whitfield, I'm still in love with you too, babycakes.


mp3.



Cormega - “Mega's On His Own.” I don't start beef; I finish it.
Keep an eye on these kids coming out of Queensbridge, you guys; I see big things in their future.
(This is on SUCH heavy rotation in apt. 302, like it's '99 again. Golly I wish I knew who produced it; alas, my attempts at finding out yielded no information. Google, you're sleeping on the couch tonight.)






.
.
.
.

No comments: