Monday, November 9, 2009

Fantastic, Vol. 19,312


J. Rocc is behind this, putting Mike Jackson over Dilla, then whipping everybody into a frenzy by suggesting it's from a release (mixtape?) called Share My Bed. Via Stones Throw even though I got it from somewhere else since I have my finger on the pulse.

The song's pretty because anything sounds pretty when placed over the “Players” beat. I'm deducting eight-tenths of a point for you, J. Rocc, for taking the easy route and for lack of focus. Ouch.

But still - it's pretty, and
that's enough to offset some of the pain of this Dilla/MJ/Baatin post putting me knee-deep in tragically deceased musical figures.


“Player has Butterflies”

mp3.


The sample actually goes “Claire.” Clayyyy-yurrre, they're singing when Dilla slows it down. I'll take “Detroit Breaks” for $600, Alex.





PS, NahRight's contribution to making my Monday morning crabbiness subside:


Blakroc: "Ain't Nothing Like You (Hoochie Coo)" Ft. Mos Def and Jim Jones



Minuses: Jim Jones, Dame Dash.

Pluses: Mos, pale-faced Ohio funk, Mos singing you're suuuuu-per cooooooollll.
Dude. It just sounds really really good.


Advantage: my turntable when this comes out (date TBD)


.
.
.

No comments: