Friday, February 6, 2009

The Only Thing A Gambler Needs Is A Suitcase And A Trunk: Eric Burdon, Call Me



from NME.com:

The line "I am the eggman" in The Beatles' 'I Am The Walrus' refers to The Animals' Eric Burdon, who had a habit of breaking eggs over the breasts of groupies.






I'm not gonna lie; I woulda let him. Don't act like you haven't heard about my penchant for shaggy British white boys who were supposed to work in factories like their dads the rest of their lives, but then they co-opt and sing the hell outta an old blues song like they're all tortured and whatnot. Swelteringly hot. Mark Ronson has attempted to swagger-jack the look for days but just can't get everything lined up properly, and therefore I cannot allow him to see me naked...or break eggs over my breasts.




AFFIRMATIVE. Once again, original trumps derivative:




NEGATIVE. Thanks for playing.























.
.
.

No comments: