Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hello hello can you hear me now G


Early-90s reminiscing time yet again, kids! The Goats, 1992.
It was a halcyon time, back when there were no rappers on Access Hollywood.

Remember how they had all those skits on the album? Rovie Wade, The Sword Swallower. Leonard Peltier in a Cage. Columbus' Boat Ride.

This was a very meaningful record to a young Logan in her preteen, music-obsessed, liberal, raised-by-hippies feminist days. I heard this record at school courtesy of Ben P., the original tortured young talented weirdo in my world, too smart and clever for his own damn good, who established protocol for the male humans I have continued to find unreasonably alluring to this very day. How odd; it's almost as if I have a type.


"And like the typical American Black male, I'm done."

Typical American - The Goats

No comments: