Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sometimes I fear that you do not understand the degree to which I have the music nerd game on lock.


Anthony Hudson, designer of album covers for Geffen in the '70s, begat one Saul Hudson, top-hatted, amazing-haired Gibson wizard.


SLASH'S DAD DESIGNED JONI MITCHELL'S COURT AND SPARK COVER.


TOM SCOTT'S SAXOPHONE (ON "TODAY," A FEW YEARS BEFORE HE GUESTED ON COURT AND SPARK) IS THE HEARTACHE BREAK IN "T.R.O.Y."



Me n Joni, demonstrating the poses that come naturally to each of us. (I'm also doing a composite impression of my mom in 1975 and that girl in those shorts in that video for that remix of that Khaled song.)


"Racks on Racks" is the current THISMYSONG champ on Power 106 when I'm out driving, and Berner's & K.R.I.T.'s "Yoko Ono" is almost there (despite the presence of Wiz), but "Welcome to My Hood" is welcome in my car when it comes on the radio too. It is godawful and catchy, and Luda's verse has more stereotypes than a Tyler Perry movie, plus he says WHOOOO in response to his own lyrical hotness and I hate it when dudes do that, I HATE IT, but his glasses-wearing makes up for those things. Plus foxy-and-wise-older-man-on-whom-I-have-a-crush Bun B says Lotta dudes sayin that they can but they don’t/Lotta boys sayin that they Gs but they ain’t/Mess around, get layed down in the paint, a reference to Emeka Okafor's experience in downtown Los Angeles last night.









.


1 comment:

Dart Adams said...

Everytime I come here I learn something new, I swear. I stand in awe of you. I feel as though I should bow. Damb girl...

One.