Sunday, January 6, 2008

Carry That Weight

Oh Coachella, I miss you and love you terribly. I'm sick with longing and have been going through my pictures from years past. Pollstar, step your game up and post some confirmed names already for this year's shows. Jesus Christ.


These were just random attention-seeking dudes who donned the classic short-short/tube sock/headband look that I assume was an homage to the 1984 Lakers. Of course everyone wanted their picture taken with them. We all know I'm way too cool for that kind of behavior so I took a secret pic. Once I got home and put it on my computer I realized how Abbey-Road-ish it is and therefore how awesome I am for capturing it.







On a side note--

Look at Paul, whose enormous ego no doubt compelled him to make sure he was the only one out of step with the others. Freaking jackass.












I wish Murs was a bit less preachy sometimes, but hell, he's still pretty great and I still waited in this hot, sweaty crowd to see him. This was from '06 Coachella, nearly 2 years ago, when those stupid band name shirts (Dre & Eazy & Cube & Ren) were on the brink of being lame but hadn't quite reached lame status yet. I got hollered at by a dude in late '07 who wore this exact same sweatshirt when I met him, and it took every ounce of self-control I had not to roll my eyes. (Actually, I might've rolled my eyes and he probably saw it; people tell me I'm not so good at hiding my disdain for something.) Dude, you swagger-jacked Murs and therefore I could not allow you to see me naked. Sorry.

1 comment:

ronnie said...

there's so much mystery surrounding the abbey road cover that i'm sure there's some explanation for that other than paul's massive ego. you just hatin'.

i think a more pressing matter is why was "say say say" on paul's album instead of replacing "the girl is mine" on thriller, when it's clearly the better song?