Sunday, February 6, 2011

Wide hips, baller kits, chrome dipped, wearing blue kicks.


I don't kick it with no rappers; they be hustling backwards, the current (ha) king of my heart said. I'm a lone wolf (albeit a shy dorky lone wolf) so I hardly kick it with anybody anyway, but: I retreat within myself especially hard when there's no news about Doom or anybody in the Wu pantheon and all the bad rappers just call radio shows and get booked for stupid things, or sometimes it's the other way around, but in either case it keeps them in the 24-hour blogpost cycle but doesn't contribute anything worthwhile to my psyche. Odd Future being on Jimmy Fallon gives me a funny feeling too--I need to reconcile my feelings about fame, like Cobain up until the very end. The 13-year-old in me hates that anybody except me and 3 other people have heard of Ty and Hodge and my beauuuuutiful underaged girlfriend Syd, but then I think Good for them, a ragtag bunch of young geniuses spreading the gospel. It's all too much, can't take the overload of unnecessary rapfacts and complicated emotions, so I just sew in apt. 15, cute outfits all day son, and mix in a record store trip sometimes. That thing about Luke running for mayor of Miami is rather amusing, though.

“Bambi Goes to Coachella” is the photo-inspiration file on my C drive (Bambi is a stripper/librarian with a master's degree, an incredible record collection, and a Ghostface doll on her shelf, and cops always holler at her but she hates it). I have some version of each of the outfits below, but I have to proceed with caution when it comes to the real world--I am struck all the time by the fact that hips make everything a little sluttier. I got the skinny legs and that's pretty OK when it comes to fashion rules, but anything round and soft as you move up the female frame is pushed aside by Elle. No fair. What if I don't want to do Low Rider? (And you know, Curren$y has that song called “Fashionably Late,” so I kind of had to do this.)







top-bottom:
my new retrobeautiful girlfriend whose style I intend to successfully jack, Jaimie Alexander (
Vanity Fair, Dec. 2010, Don Flood)
Clemence Poesy (
Marie Claire US, Feb. 2011, Tesh)
Constance Jablonski (
Vogue Spain, Feb. 2011, Alex Cayley)
Mona Johanesson (JC Jeans, Norway)
Paolla Rahmeier (
Marie Claire Brazil, Oct. 2010, Jacques Dequeker)





Bo Diddley - “Pretty Thing.”


mp3.






.

No comments: