Monday, February 7, 2011

If you expect me to believe Eminem drives a Chrysler you are stone crazy but listen, I got some white and some syrup, I'm tryin to sew up my town.


I just made a nice cotton dress with my own two hands and my sewing machine, and I decided to honor Pimp C with the title post. (Sorry, “Snitches Get Stitches”; you never had a chance)





Patti Jo - “Make Me Believe In You.” I thought about posting a song about sewing, or thread, or even completing a project. But in the end it came down, like always, to the old “walking down the street in a cotton dress” bass-drenched song with sassy female vocal, and this one probably has top 10 status in my heart. Not one note is sung 'til the first 2 and a half minutes go by, and it was written by Curtis Mayfield (you can tell when you hear those lyrics and get a feel for it, the whole vocal phrasing), and it makes me want to curl up in a ball because the universe is so wonderful sometimes I can't take it. Don't worry--I'll delicately arrange my dress before curling up so nothing inappropriate is seen. Hi Mom!

mp3.





.

1 comment:

Kayman Wendt said...

only thing missing is the wraparound patio... oh, and me.