Sunday, March 21, 2010

I learned about hustles from Jay-Z but I learned about drum loops from these two.



It's quite the red-letter day in apartment 15, as we celebrate the births of 2 humans so epic (please refer to photo above) that my poor little body can't handle so much hip-hop and I think I might just pass out and die right here on the spot. I hope my spirit will live on. At my funeral, please play something from Daily Operation and a little “Live at the Barbeque.” (And “In My Life,” by the Beatles.)

Happy birthday, DJ Premier and Large Professor, born March 21, 1966 and 1972 respectively! I enjoy living in a universe that has made it so that you two luminous gentlemen were born on the same day. Incredible.






Premier. I don't care if they want a ounce. Tell em bounce.



Large Professor in the house. You know how we do. I skate on your crew, like Mario Lemieux.










.

1 comment:

Dart Adams said...

It is crazy to think that 2 of the greatest all time Hip Hop producers/beatmakers were born on the same day 6 years apart and they're both responsible for a great amount of classic material. It's crazy how much work Large Prod got off of being Paul C's protege. Eric B. & Rakim, Kool G Rap & DJ Polo, etc.

One.