Sunday, December 2, 2007

When You Got So Much To Say It's Called Gratitude...



I don't know what it is about today. It's Sunday and I've done nothing but go to the grocery store, change a light bulb, watch the NFL pregame show, and read the newspaper; mundane things them all, but for some reason today I had the recurring thought that I have been blessed so much it's ridiculous, and I have nothing to complain about. (I reserve the right to complain about things/life/politics/ism & schism in future entries, as I deem appropriate). This sense of well-being and pleasant amazement was no doubt compounded by the fact that I witnessed a lot of traffic courtesy (you know what I mean--people letting other people into traffic, then giving that little wave of acknowledgment) when I was driving around. That kind of stuff makes me feel like there's hope yet for humanity. I have a delicate psyche; what can I say.
I love my rooftop, the bright sunshiny reflections off the tall buildings in my neighborhood, my mom's reminders of things that really help me out (get quarters for laundry, test out the new iron on a less-valuable article of clothing before using it on work clothes), my dad's encouragement that I keep doing the Sunday crossword puzzle even though he and I don't live in the same house anymore and can't collaborate on it, Prefuse 73 at the Troubadour, my favorite red comfy romper, and home-cooked meals tonight (ribs, green beans, salad). I love drinking tea and reading the newspaper at my kitchen table. Also, I believe the children are our future, and I like puppies and rainbows.

Really though. Thanks and praises.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are welcome