Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Heat waves getting worse" - some scientists. "Heatwave will always rule so hard" - me.


Professionals in my chosen discipline of science are claiming that heat waves out here in my area (the western U.S.) are getting worse due to that wacky liberal myth of "climate change." Heat records keep getting shattered into a thousand tiny pieces. Elevated humidity is also more frequent, and that causes heat waves to last longer. The heat increases the demand for electricity, which we mostly still get from fossil fuels because Republicans hate Mother Earth, and that, in turn, causes emissions of the gases that cause climate change. And then it starts all over. Second verse, same as the first.

Heat waves are deadlier than hurricanes or tornadoes, they say. In '08, California experienced an early and severe heat wave starting in May, and there's only more of that to come--climate experts are now warning that the impending serious heat wave will kill more and more of us. Only I'm not taking this seriously, because nobody can ever convince me that Heatwave will kill me. They might kill me with basslines and they might make me die from wanting to wind my waist too much, but it would be such a fun, pleasurable death that I wouldn't be scared to go at all.


(Heatwave's only other appearance on HeightFiveSeven was during the "Big DaddyKane's sexual skills are still unproven at this point" post of 2009, but they deserve more shine! Listen to this jam! And don't think of corny things like The Hustle when you hear it, I'm pleading with you; give in to that "Love Rollercoaster"-ish bassline. You'll be like a hundred times happier, I promise.)




Granted, we don't all have the hips of Raquel Welch in '68 like some of us, but still. You can do it/put your ass into it. Get your drink and your 2-step. Pop lock and drop it. Shake your body down to the ground. Get low. Lean back. Etc. The intro of "Boogie Nights" is SO FREAKING GREAT, it's up there with "Tigah styyyyle" and the rain at the beginning of "Sweetest Taboo." Here, it's like this:


"Booo-gieee niiiiiights/whooaaaa-ohhhh-ohhhhhh...," over that jazzy backing track with the double-time drums. Or you could just press play. PS: It's true - boogie nights really are always the best in town. Always.



.
.
.
.

No comments: